Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Another Transfusion

Contrary to the way Izzy has been feeling, her Hemoglobin was at 6.1 (aka. low). So we are in for a blood transfusion today. All of her nurses and doctors are surprised as she is being very bubbly and fun. Yesterday she had a triumphant moment and exclaimed "Mom I just made it up the stairs without using my arms." A week ago I thought she was practically back to normal, but then everyday she gets stronger and does another thing that I forgot she used to do (like trying to wrestle Lorin)--it's great to continue seeing the progress. Her hair is even 1/4 inch long now! Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorry to hear about the transfusion. But on the other hand I am so happy that she is feeling better. We love you guys. I hope that things keep getting better. Love ya

tiffany said...

Hang in there with the transfusion! What a fun time to get to know her personality again! We love you!

tiff, jacob, and joey

Kate Hansen said...

I bet that transfusion perked her up even more. I loved the story about her not having to use her arms to walk up the stairs. It reminds me of how tough they are and how often they quietly adjust.
Hopefully the marrow really starts to kick back in and keeps her counts up!

Jill said...

I so love seeing you guys out and about! It makes me so happy!

Lisa said...

She looks so good right now - it's great to see her happy!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

That is no fun! Good luck, keep those smiles coming:-)

Audrey said...

It is wonderful to see that she is active again. One step back, hopefully two steps forward! We're praying for you all.

Lorin, Izzy, and Ryan--we can't wait to play with you--love, David & Spencer (especially David).