Thursday, June 4, 2009

Isadore had her very last spinal tap, her second to last round of steroids and vincristine, and started her last month of Methotrexate, 6-MP, and Bactrim. Due to low blood counts (not sure why), she has been on 1/2 dosage of chemo this last week and WOW the energy! We can't wait to see her completely done. July 10th here we come!

Izzy is a Texas fish!! She is swimming like a pro and is determined now to master the art of diving for sinker toys--working against the fact that her body naturally wants to float. We'll blame it on the steroids :)

5 comments:

tiffany said...

What a journey! So awesome to see the bar graph in the side bar almost full! What a strong, special girl she is! I should also include, what a strong, special family! We are still praying for you!

Cassia said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! How wonderful to know you are so close to being done! :)

Valerie Matteson said...

Congrats to your whole family!! Take good care when she gets off the chemo. I found I was weak a more susceptible to illness for a few months even after my only 8 weeks of treatments! We pray for your family and for Izzy's full recovery!

Hubers said...

Yea!! I am so glad to hear that she is almost done. My heart feels full for you guys!

Leanne said...

Wow just looking at the green bars of completion make me so happy! I can't believe it has been that long already! Time flies! I see you are all doing well. I miss you all and hope Texas is treating you good! Gotta love that warm weather! I will be thinking of you July 10, 2009 Yea IZZY what a strong little woman you are! I am so proud of all of you! Leanne